Tuesday, April 08, 2008

oddly, she hates canadians...

This shit cracks me up. In this morning's always wonderful Leah Garchik column, in addition to a delicious tidbit about Gavin being a neat freak, I read the following:

And Michael Murphy asked about desserts at the new Waterbar, and was told by a very helpful wait person that they are modern versions of the Mexican wedding cookies made for Denise Hale's grandmother. Hale is Serbian- born. "I knew I had one Czech grandmother," she said, "but now I can explain my special affection for Mexicans."

Now all I can picture is Denise Hale spending the previous hundred years or however old she is wondering how come she loves Mexicans so much. It probably kept her awake at night. "Goddamn it, why, oh why do I have such special affection for Mexicans? Is it those delightful little tacos I once had at Charlotte's 'Fabulous Fiesta'? Could it be their fearless use of gold? Perhaps it's that charming Lodovico that washes my cars and dogs? Jesus, I fucking love those Mexicans like nobody's business! I love them! I love them! I love them! Why God? Whyyyy????"
Now we know. Mystery solved. Thank you, Waterbar. Denise can finally sleep a night...

PS: You know they learned it phonetically...

Oh, and vote for Jackie today. Really. Do it. Right now. Today is an election day. Who knew...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I woke up and was like, Shit, it's only Tuesday. Today will suck.
Then i was excited to see you already had a post up. Then I laughed so loudly, i woke my girlfriend up.
Thank you, Spots. I'm less depressed about my day.

Anonymous said...

I love you and your column. But Jackie is a Narcissistic Puke! She is only really here for the Jackie show.

Exhibit A:
Narcissistic personality disorder is a condition characterized by an inflated sense of self-importance, need for admiration, extreme self-involvement...Individuals with this disorder are usually arrogantly self-assured and confident. They expect to be noticed as superior.
Many highly successful individuals might be considered narcissistic. However, this disorder is only diagnosed when these behaviors become persistent and very disabling or distressing.

And it distresses me!

Can'tStandYa Jackie. I wouldn't vote for her if she bribed me.

greg said...

Beth I'm surprised you haven't commented on Gavin's new weekend radio show. You should be a guest on it (along with Melissa).

Gotta run, gotta go vote for Jackie Speier...and no one paid me, either! She's our hometown hero!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdewar/2261525234/

Sweet Melissa said...

We have to go to Waterbar and get down on those el cookieos.

And "Narcissistic Puke"? That kind of fervor can only mean that anonymous has an unrequited crush on Jackie. It's okay, man. Let it out.

Anonymous said...

I bet Gavin wears black socks to bed.