Thursday, March 06, 2008

is barristo a word...

For those of you that don't hang out in 'nannies with pure bred dog land', the Mill Valley Peet's is THE scene every single goddamn morning. It's packed with people who apparently work from home, standing around taking their sweet ass time, lingering over their scone selection and committing the worst crime on earth: blocking the condiment counter.
How oblivious and self involved can one be to pause with the thermos of non-fat in mid-air while detailing the pre-school application and interview process?
And lest you think I'm complaining about a minor infraction, I was holding 3 lattes, having decided to surprise my co-workers. So I figure that since I was obviously trying to do something saint-like, everyone needs to part and make way for the one person in this joint who's a giver..
You have one cup of coffee-drink, lady. I have three. Help me in my quest to make someone's morning and haul ass, please.
I'm sure I've bitched about this before, but obviously, the point isn't getting across to those that need to hear it most. I'm almost tempted to print out an anonymous passive-aggressive sign that says in big bold letters, "MOVE THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY. SOME OF US HAVE LIVES."
I bet the hot barristo behind the counter would totally be on my side...

4 comments:

A Panda said...

Thaaaaaanks a LATTE Beth, you're the best! (Feel free to throw some corn across the room at me)

greg said...

this ranks with your comments, ages ago, where you talked about running over "assholes in training" at the Mill Valley Safeway, where I used to shop.

seriously. that rocked, and well...this rocks too. yeah I know I'm a fanboy so sue me.

Traci said...

This is SO the same scene in Los Altos, where I work. Or as I see it, the Mill Valley of the south. Only instead of people who work from home, we have millionare bicyclists, well-pampered soccer moms and people who are too important that they don't even need to show up to work.

mirthful said...

praise allah for pointing out the foibles of the m.v. peet's. what is UP with these mo-fos?