Tuesday, March 04, 2008

alright, you keep talking! i'm gonna go cook without the garlic press...

For reasons I don't understand, I've been waking up really early. Like 5am early.
Instead of spending two hours staring at the ceiling like I usually do, I figured, fuck it.
I got up and got a shower.
Much like Gavin, I have a really specific hair routine. And mine involves at least 30 minutes of air drying so my leave-in conditioner can fully work it's magic. Normally, I spend these 30 minutes watching television, but what the hell is on at the break of dawn? I'm sure as shit not watching The Nanny, I don't care what it means for my coiffure.
Turn on your TV at 6:30am and you'll be met with the wonderful world of paid programming. Did you know you can buy a full-body girdle from the Food Newtork channel? How appropriate.
Anyway, my only options seemed to be "My Super Sweet 16" and "Third Watch."
I've already seen every single "MSS16."
Third Watch is was.
I took notes.
7:11am: I can't believe I'm watching a lesser ambulance-based drama.
7:23am: I love Bobby Cannavale.
7:31am: No, I really mean it. I love Bobby.
7:39am: I think I need to contact him.
7:45am: This is the greatest show I've ever seen in my life.
7:59am: I am now crying.
My hair air-dryed a full 60 minutes. But it was worth it. Seriously, Third Watch. Who knew?

3 comments:

Brock said...

Third Watch. Sigh. I really don't know what to say.

sfmike said...

"A lesser ambulance-based drama" is my favorite new phrase. I'm dreaming right now of situations where I can use it.

Anonymous said...

Two things:
1) Also Will's final boyfriend on Will & Grace. Meh.

2) The most real to life cop/fireman show, about how they live, interact and ALL sleep with each other. From a girl who is the only member of her immediate family not working for the city of San Francisco. Well, other than The Job with Dennis Leary which was spot on but cancled after five minutes.