Friday, February 08, 2008

another winter in a summer town...

So, I'm a Broadway nerd.
It's embarassing but true.
I mean, my pays-the-bills job is musical theater.
I'm like, a full fledged homo.
This past summer, my mother took me to New York to see, among other shows, Grey Gardens and I (we) cried for weeks.
I sobbed through the entire second act.
Grey Gardens, you guys.
And by you guys, I mean, you gays.
My folks are moving to the Village (Greenwich) for a bit, subletting a celeb's apartment (I'm not allowed to tell who) for 4 months to live out Mom's dream of being...well, Woody Allen.
Anyway, the last time mom and I were together in "her town", we saw Grey Gardens. If you ask either of us to discuss, we'll cry. Beware.
And SO moved was I by that performance, I planned to contact Chirstine Ebersole and woo her into friendship via drinks and gushing.
Um, turns out, she's a right wing extremist!
Are you kidding me? You're one step away from Liza. You're pulling this shit now?
Nooooooo, Mrs. Rich!
Fuck. Who the hell am I supposed to befriend now?
Mary Kate?...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you get to NYC! Wow, good for Joanne.
Okay, whose apt.??? Seriously.

J said...

Beth, I found you on the San Francisco Chronicle. Wow. I always knew you were funny, Beffo.
Good job, sweetheart.

Anonymous said...

Actually Ron Paul ain't so bad for a Republican!
AJ

Becky said...

Um, Beth, I doubt you know what a right wing extremist is dear. You live in SF after all...

I voted for RP, we can still be friends, right?

Brock said...

i thought she subscribed to rosie o'donnellian political theories? strange.

oh well. silly actresses.

Brock said...

...and you could do a lot worse than mary-kate. she has much to tell us.

Be_devine said...

Becky: seriously? You realize that Ron Paul is a screaming racist, right?

christine said...

that is HILARIOUS that you called me a right wing extremist.LOL Those that seek spiritual truth in politics transcend the liberal conservative paradigm. I'm just trying to awaken those that are asleep to the truth of what is happening in this country. It is time that we reclaim our birthright,and declare our right to live in freedom, not be lulled to sleep by government propaganda and fairy tales, brainwashing through our schools and religion, and comforting sound bites from our politicians. WAR IS SLAVERY. DEBT IS SLAVERY. MEDIA PROPAGANDA IS SLAVERY. TRUTH IS FREEDOM

Spots said...

Christine, I love you! I just sent you an e-mail...