Tuesday, February 12, 2008

justin randall...

I had a late meeting in the burbs last night, so I crashed at my folks' house. Any time I find myself in my childhood home, I make a point of watching premium cable because back in the big city, I'm stuck with basic.
Last night, I threw on my jammies and headed up to the cleverly named 'TV Room.' Anyone that's ever been to the Spotswood Estate and Grounds knows that everyone ends up in the TV Room at some point. There's 5 million channels, comfy seating and relative solitude.
Immediately I headed for HBO where I discovered the Justin Timberlake Concert had JUST begun.
I simply couldn't help myself. The man has talent.
Right away, Justin's doing shots of what I assume to be Tequila onstage. "Y'all like to drink? I like to drink, y'all! Fuck it, this is HBO!"
Cue screams of joy, including my own.
Then Justin breaks into his songs and dance moves, which are complex to say the least. I mean, he doesn't just dance. He does really complicated, choreographed moves with kicks and thrusts and twirling of his fedora.
Oh, and he plays the piano. Very simply. I bet he's had like, 3 hours of lessons, but it works. I just ended up thinking over and over, "This is both retarded and heavenly. Well done, Timberlake."
He has this marvelous morbidly obsese gentleman back-up singer who was wearing a zoot suit and sweating like he was about to have a heart attack.
Justin kept saying over and over, "I got sexy ladies!" to the audience and I could almost hear every desperate gay in the crowd holla back like there was no tomorrow. By the time JT instructed everyone to raise their hands in the air and I actually followed suit, I realized it was time to call it a pathetic night and get the fuck to bed...

3 comments:

Becky said...

I can picture every detail of this scene last night without having been there. And it is fabulous.

Petunia Face said...

I heart Justin Timberlake in a very 7th grade (but sexually active) way. Yeah, and I'm a 35 year old mother who lives in Marin. Pathetic.

Anonymous said...

You, my girl, deserve to sit around and watch JT in the middle of the night all you want.

You know what else you deserve?
Better.

I love you, Beth Spotswood. Rough week means smooth year. I won't detail my thoughts here, but FUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKK HIM.