Saturday, December 01, 2007

why do they call it jet lag...

Dear God, it's 5:12am.
I'm still up. Not on some coke binge or taking a break from screwing Clooney. Nope, I'm sipping water and watching the Home Shopping Network. I actually got home pretty late, and still in my heels, flopped down on my couch to see if Friday Night Lights got TiVo'd.
Nothing like a little tipsy FNL at 1am, right?
4 hours later and I'm still up.
I watched Proof of Life. A little Goodfellas. Some "Paid Programming." I think I've just about convinced myself I need a Bullet.
The worst thing is, my being up right now pretty much ensures tomorrow (oh, I mean TODAY) sucking. I could be doing something productive, like folding my laundry or emptying the dishwasher or meditative yoga.
Yeah, I watched 2 hours of infomercials on how to make really, horribly, disgusting food quickly and easily. Anyone know what time Target opens? I've got room for three if there are any takers...

*update at 5:48am: Target opens at 8. You know, if I had some champagne, I could probably sleep. Or at least have more fun.

*updat at 6:01am: I can't believe I'm still up! I'm actually looking at Safeway's weekly specials. ONLINE. Pomegranates are two for one, FYI.

2 comments:

Jess Drake said...

You really should buy the Bullet, Beth. It's freaking amazing.

Becky said...

When I think of "bullets" I am definitely not thinking about appliances.