Thursday, December 13, 2007

jingle bells, batman smells...

On Friday night, I was delighted to have Executive Chef Jeff cook for 12 of us at 916B. Jeff is all Top Chef style fancy pants and I was terrified he'd walk in my kitchen and declare it ghetto. He kept the ghetto to himself and rocked our worlds. It's nice to have your godsister dating a real-life chef. Who needs to get in with the fam. And thus, cooks for me and the friends. Executive Chef Jeff (ECJ) came prepared. I think he made some immigrant prep his mise en place. I mean, my god. He grated fresh horseradish (it's really a radish) over our seared NY strip and braised short ribs on a bed of cheesed-up polenta.
This (the above) is pretty much how dinner went. AKA: awesome and drunk.
But seriously... We had Republican meat. And made bras out of napkins....For three girls, three straights and six gays...
I am now in love with ECJ. He probably hates it that I call him ECJ, but none the less, sat with me in a corner, downed some Scotch and gossiped.
"Was it good, Beth? Did everyone have fun?"
Yeah EJC. Everyone had fun...

7 comments:

Be_Devine said...

Yes, Jeff, the Executive Chef at Chez Beth is amazing! The freshly-grated horseradish was a beautiful and tasty treat. The hunk of horseradish that Alex dared me to eat (and, for some reason - likely alcohol-related, I did) was not so tasty.

Thank you to the entire staff at Chez Beth for an outstanding evening!

Anonymous said...

Jesus Christ, are you making up your life? I really hope you've earned this in another life where you were an indentured servant because having the chef from Scala's cook in your home much less having a dining room that seats 12 is ridiculous.
Is there an application to be in your inner circle? If it involves Jeff shaving fresh horseradish over my steaming short-ribs, I'll do whatever it takes.

Becky said...

Seriously, I can't get over it.

Spots said...

You were in Chico having sex...

Brock said...

six gays? that is vile.

greg said...

"republican meat" sounds like a club for closeted A-Gays in Washington DC....

Anonymous said...

You have a dining room that seats 12? Ca-ching!