Friday, December 07, 2007

i never do this...

But this is hitting incredibly close to home. On our way to lunch Wednesday, the ladies and I noticed a missing poster in the windows of every shop in town.
Missing in Mill Valley? What?
Veronica Ruiz has been missing since December 3rd. The last anyone heard, she was going hiking on Mt. Tam. She's 25 years old and gorgeous and loves to hike on the mountain I grew up on. The official search has been called off, but her family and friends are organizing their own.
How do I know this?
Her mother just came into my office, hoping to use it as a base of operations for the volunteers. I am obviously mostly a heartless, irreverent, evil person, but this woman held my hand while my boss frantically tried to set something up. She held my hand and she cried and with the kindest eyes ever, said it's the nights that she worries. It's been raining and dear God, if I was missing, Joanne would be a hysterical psychopath.
I'm in tearful shock, but I just wanted to let anyone around know that there'll be a search tomorrow, led by an independent search and rescue team who are donating their services. If anyone needs details of where and when, please e-mail me and I'll pass all of the information on.
Ugh, this is so sad...

11 comments:

Be_Devine said...

How is this not the lead story of every local media outlet?

Oh yeah, because all the networks are still broadcasting live from Aruba on Natalee Halloway who went missing two years ago.

Anonymous said...

so sweet of you to bring more attention to this sad story. please tell me they are using dogs to try and find her?

Anonymous said...

i think the authorities used dogs, but they are basically not involved in the search now. it's all her friends/fam/volunteers. i'll be out there this weekend too.

kit said...

thank you so much for posting. every little bit helps!

if it matters at all, veronica is a local girl. she graduated el camino high school (former student government officer) and is uc berkeley alum.

there's also a event posting on yelp with details if anyone wants to help look for her.

http://www.yelp.com/events/mill-valley-dyk-search-for-missing-mill-valley-woman

thank you so very much,

k

k said...

Edit:

The website for the search is now up:
http://www.audcast.com/findveronicaruiz/

The command center for this weekend's search is at: The Holiday Inn - Mill Valley 60 Shoreline Highway, Mill Valley

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

God, this is the ultimate tragedy. My heart is with the family.

Anonymous said...

i just heard on ktvu that 100 people showed up to search for her today. way to go. good luck you guys. maybe you could get volunteer dogs?

Anonymous said...

Where you at Dirty Thieves tonight with a guy that treated you like shit and another guy that also was lame? Because I was ready to introduce myself and throw down.
I guess they were your straights that dont read the blog.
As a fan, if I see Beth S. out with any man, he needs to worship your ass.
Because you are wonderful and 10 times better than any hipster.

Anonymous said...

I am one of you....

if it were me, or my sis, I would be insanely frantic....

I searched Alice/T80 today and found nothing.

I called the family and they said the majority of psychics said that the vision is of "10 feet off of the trail and able to see a BIT of water...


Dad's bench?
telephone trail rock outcrop?....

ANYONE that has a 'feeling' PLEASE write...
all info may help at this point

Anonymous said...

Jeff Baker, the Psychic, is going to fly in tomorrow morning and will search for Veronica Ruiz this weekend. Mount Tamalpais area 15-16 December

Please send positive energy

http://www.jeffbakerpsychic.com/blog.php
or
http://www.helpfindveronicaruiz.com

Thanks
AM

Anonymous said...

About Veronica "Nikki" Ruiz. Her body has been found Sunday 13 Jan. Her family, though devastated, happy to be able to bury her. They have extended their gratitude to all those who helped.

Let Nikki rest in peace. Let Her family find comfort. Please send you love.

Information: http://www.helpfindveronicaruiz.com

Thank you
AM