Wednesday, December 19, 2007

color me surprised...

I answer my cell at work for a select few, including Mr. X who insists on being anonymous today and just called me.
Beth: "Hey."
Mr. X: (screaming) "GUESS WHO I JUST SAW?"
"What?"
"Guess who I just saw Christmas shopping!?!?"
"Who?!?!"
"Matt Gonzalez!!!"
"Where?"
"GOODWILL!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Why Mr. X was in Goodwill is beyond me, but I think it makes perfect sense that Matt Gonzalez was there...

*UPDATE: It was not technically Goodwill. It's worse. It's that shithole Community Junk Store on Valencia next door to Good Vibrations. He was in the "metaphysical books" section and "fine China", all according to Mr. X, whom I made return to the store and capture this photo:

I don't know about Matt Gonzalez's friends, but Mr. X better not be picking up MY gift at this junkyard...

11 comments:

Jess Drake said...

Oh, man. I decided to stall studying for my finals by reading your blog, and I LITERALLY thought to myself, "I should just check, maybe she's sayin' something funny about Matt Gonzalez." AND THIS HAPPENS!

I love you and I beg you to ask your friend what he looked like.

Jess Drake said...

I posted that last comment 2 seconds before you updated. A picture is worth a thousand words, gracias!

Mr. X said...

Just to set the record straight: (a) I was buying your gift, Beth, and (b) I wasn't at the shitty Community Thrift Store, I was next door at Good Vibrations.

The only good reasons to visit this crack-laden block of this third-world-country of a neighborhood are drugs and sex toys. Guess which one you're getting, Beth?

Jess Drake said...

So, wait, Monsieur X, was Matt at Good Vibrations or the crap store?

I'm obviously following this story closely...

Becky said...

Sex Toys. Check.

Mr. X said...

Oh, Matt was at the shitty Community Thrift Store, picking out metaphysical books and fine china and crystalware. I followed him in there only at the insistence of Spots.

They took away my bag (containing two bottles of wine) at the door. Good thing pot gives hippies the munchies instead of the thirst for fine wine - otherwise the twins would have been drunk by the time I snapped the pic of MattyG.

Princess Camillelist said...

Maybe Matt was looking for that gem we call a rare find. Who am I shittin'?!

Brock said...

i love me some matt g, i do. good guy. also, once i heard him use a urinal just across the street from community thrift. so...yeah.

Jeremy said...

The thing that cracks me up about that place is that they don't even have dressing rooms. How can you sell clothes without a dressing room?

And Brock, you heard Matty G using a urinal from across the street? Damn, dude must have had a serious stream going on.

Mr. X said...

Brock, that wasn't a urinal. That was some poor person's doorway.

lyn said...

love your writing, all the more silly
as I am a sixty year old physical therapist mother of three thirth-somethings. In my heart, still twenty-eight. You write well
keep it up and I will pay full price for your first book, lyn