Tuesday, October 30, 2007

ima finish up real soon, y'all...

Yesterday was Gavin's State of the City and according to everyone on earth, it was like watching paint dry. Personally, I'd pay to listen to Gavin read directly from religious pamphlets, but that's just me. Anyway, I missed the speech because some of us have jobs and can't sit around all day discussing hobos and litter. Now, if he was actually reading religious pamphlets for an hour and a half, I would've called in sick, but that's neither here nor there.
My favorite part of the State of the City press coverage is Cecilia's article, entitled "Newsom High on S.F."
Oh my god. She called him high.
More importantly, Cecilia reports, "Newsom who, despite being a Bay Area native, at times incorporated a southern drawl and down-home manner of speech."
Yes! That is pure fucking heaven.
Gavin also apparently gave shout outs to insiders. Needless to say, I would shit myself and die on the spot if Gavin gave me a shout out from KMEL, much less at the State of the City. And everyone's hollering that his whole schitck was ripped off from Al Gore in The Inconvenient Truth. I wouldn't know, as I recycle and thus, don't need to see it.
I really wish he would have incorporated "The state of my relationship" or "The state of my alcoholism" into his speech, since that what everyone cares about anyway...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was good. LOL!

Spots, why isn't Plumpjack Winery your favorite winery?

That's a little fair weather, eh?

http://www.plumpjack.com/winery1.html

Jess Drake said...

Cecilia f---ing scares me.

Spots said...

Why? We love Cecilia! Actually, in that photo of her Gavinsucks has up, Eve and I were posing with her. He just cut us out...

Becky said...

That made my day...

Jess Drake said...

She's crazy, Beth! I'm concerned for her mental health :(

I think of her as you think of Carol Migden :o

Anonymous said...

Were you at the W last night? I saw you and some guy and almost came up and said hi but you seemed... busy.

Anonymous said...

Wait. Where were you? With whom? Was it Gavin?

Anonymous said...

Are blogging about the Raiders now?

http://www.sfchroniclemarketplace.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/author?auth=179&blogid=11

Anonymous said...

Beth was at the W around midnight last night. I'm such a stalker!

matt said...

I thought you wouldn't be caught dead at the W. And we're still waiting on the with whom.