Tuesday, October 02, 2007

i prefer sister mary clarence...

I'm all riled about about Anita Hill again.
Clarence Coke Can came out with a new book where he claims that, lemme guess... he never sexually harassed anyone.
Anita was a crappy worker. Anita was an over-reactor. Anita was just pissed no one was promoting her.
Oh, and it's so easy to accuse a black man of sexual misconduct.
I bet Larry Craig/Mark Foley/Bill Clinton/Gary Condit/Strom Thurmond/Franklin Roosevelt/Grover Cleveland/Alexander Hamilton/etc. are wishing they could use that one.
So now, because I wasn't old enough to get fully pissed about this when I was 13, I'm livid this morning.
My biggest problem with Clarence is that he's retarded. He's a douchebag. And he gets to make decisions about my uterus.
That's just great.
This genius writes a book reminding us about the time 16 YEARS AGO one of his employees went before a bunch of uptight rich guys AND every television in America to say her crappy boss played around with his pubic hair in the workplace and maybe he shouldn't be in charge of a vending machine much less upholding the Constitution.
Thanks Einstein. I almost forgot about that one.
Oh, and the name of his book is "My Grandfather's Son."
You mean your father? Ooooh. Deep.
Anyway, now that I've travelled in a time machine to get ticked off about something that happened in 1991, I might as well hang out here for awhile. If you need me, I'll be watching Blossom and affixing a "We Believe You Anita" bumper sticker to Rhonda the Honda...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right Clarence shouldn't be writing a book, neither should O.J. or eventually Scott Peterson but they do it because someone out there will read it...okay maybe not read it but they will look at the pictures

Anonymous said...

Clarence is an example of a walking FUBAR. r.s.

cookiecrumb said...

Someone out there may read the book, but they'll be moving their lips.

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister! One thing...calling this dude a douchebag is a direct insult to douchebags all over the world. Why is he writing a book now? What for? Doesn't he have a real job? Nobody cares about him...he's no different than O.J. a sociopathic attention craving whore in a justice's robe. This dude is 59 and he looks like he's hit a wall already. Could that be because of the job or guilt?

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister.

Hey Beth, and/or fans of Beth, any recommendations on good blogs for local SF politics coverage, now that SFist is shifting away from that?

I love your column best, but need somewhere to get my daily fix while I await the next fabulous snarky post.

Anonymous said...

Anon 2:44. Besides Beth there's a chick that goes by "Sweet Melissa". She's platonic BFF with Alex Tourk. She's an attorney. She can't hold a candle to Beth but she does okay. She calls herself the heckler with a heart of gold. (Whatever). You be your own judge: http://sweetmelissa.typepad.com/

Anonymous said...

sweet melissa is one of the best. r.s.

Spots said...

I love Sweet Melissa (and SFist). Especially if you're looking for local political coverage, she's got a million links...

Brian said...

Beyondchron.com

Not snarky, and no Spots. But a good source for local political coverage.

Spots said...

Calitics, Fog City Journal, SF Party Party, N Judah Chronicles...there's SO much. And of course, they've got these blogs on SFGate that can be brilliant...

Anonymous said...

It's Wednesday and well after noon! Where's my Chron Culture fix, dammit! I'm jonsin'!