Thursday, September 27, 2007

i'm with mark...

Mark Leno and I are totally having an affair and you heard it here first.
Much to my delight, I'm attending the Sierra Club Something or Other dinner with Mark. (I'm having the chicken. He's having the petrale sole. FYI.) And much to my further delight, he's agreed to introduce me as his "plus one."
Even typing this gives me the giggles.
But wait. According to my sources, Judge Judy on crack will be there too!
I'm sure she's having the chicken off of someone else's plate.
Anyway, just to recap, so reader anticipation builds, Mark "my boyfriend" Leno and I, in our first public appearance as a couple will be attending the same hippie awards dinner as Carole "Bolero" Migden.
I predict fisticuffs.
Oh! And my dad's the Master of Ceremonies. Which I will refuse to acknowledge, as I'm with Mark...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!

Becky said...

If Carol yells at your dad again. Throw down...

Anonymous said...

Gavin is so jealous, he's thinking about quitting the race and moving to Africa

Anonymous said...

Why is your dad the MC? Because his kid writes a blog?

Be_Devine said...

I'm jealous. I'm just not sure if I'm jealous of you or jealous of Mark. I'm just jealous.

Maybe I'll be Carole's date? Bwwwwahhhhahhhhaaaaa.

Anonymous said...

Beth's dad is the former Mayor of Mill Valley and Congressional candidate who now writes a political column. If you'd READ, you know that he MC'd the debate with sparked Beth's initial hatred of Migden.

Anonymous said...

Gavin has to be kicking himself right now. Mark Leno is out with his one and true beloved while he pretends to like the woman that single-handedly got LIFE canceled. Oy Vey...the little part Swiss Miss had sucked. Dead eyes and no emotion. No wonder she hasn't made it and Spots has.

Anonymous said...

I am in love with Beth Spotswood. Leno needs to back off.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm officially scared. If I weren't seeing the world premiere of "Appamattox" at the opera that night, I would so be there.

I mean, it's only $65 for vegetarian lasagna (glad you're going for the champagne chicken), plus you get a speech by Jacques Leslie, author of "Deep Water: The Epic Struggle Over Dams, Displaced People, and the Environment," not to mention Leno, Migden plus Two Spotswoods in one Sausalito restaurant. Now that's a recipe for a sensational evening. Please, please take pictures.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Daddy must have a lot of money to buy you a date with a gay man.

matt said...

Oh please.
It's BETH SPOTSWOOD.
She might not have as much money, but she's more famous than her father.
And I'm pretty sure he's really, really proud and excited.

That Chick said...

Okay, I have figured out at 11:50am Anon and 11:52am Anon are when Jennifer's Assistant or Lori Poochy Stern's Assistant gets online and makes comments on SFGate and here.

Talk about pathetic way to make a living...just quit now while you are able to I hear gymboree is hiring.