Monday, August 06, 2007

slick willie...

As Zoe and I arrived early for some Gavin event I dragged her to last week, we decided to grab a quick drink across the street at Enrico's. We sipped our drinks and checked out the scene, spending most of our time obsessing about the really hot drummer in the jazz band, who was dressed in all white ("...kinda like a house painter. I like it.") and clearly too cool for school.
From our little banquette, I gazed out the french doors to the people dining outside.
"Oh my god, Zoe. That's CBig!"
"What?"
"And she's having dinner with Willie Brown!"
"Shut up!"
We decided to say hi on our way out and nervously adjusted our outfits as we made our way to the sidewalk. CBig, because she is a flawless person, immediately waved us over and was delighted to meet the "famous Zoe." She then introduced us to Willie Brown and the chick he's always with, Sonya Something Complicated. And folks, sure we were on our way to stalk the current well dressed mayor, but just know, the gauntlet had been thrown down before Gavin even showed up.
Why?
Because his predecessor STOOD to shake our hands.
You know, cuz we're ladies.
We couldn't get over it. That is, after we casually and calmly excused ourselves. Willie Brown, old school, fedora sporting, perfectly dapper former Mayor of San Francisco stands to meet a lady.
Amazing...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gotta say Willie Brown is one sharply dressed man. and he has a way of keeping hot women and still staying 'married' im sure for financial reasons. I hope i can do that when im 74

And why the hate on big girls.
at least their pelvis bones dont knife into you when your on top...

Anonymous said...

Of course Willie stood. He's a class act. I love that guy.

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, why do people keep calling you fat? Unless you've gained a thousand pounds since I saw you 4 days ago, what the fuck? I don't get why chicks do this to other chicks. Lame.

Spots said...

I am never eating again. Drinking, yes. But just to dull the pain...

Anonymous said...

What is it with the talk about weight? I don't get it?

I thought this was about fine looking people old and young whether you have a great smile or a big back end as long as you can sashay off a runway you be fine...just like spots.

love the weight you are just the weigh you are because of who you are..

I will stop drinking tomorrow

Anonymous said...

Willie is sharp and he knows how to play the game perfectly. But watch yourselves around that man. When I was at Sac State he strolled into my sorority's bi-weekly meeting looking for volunteers to help him get the word out for some wonk he was backing. Willie said he would pay for lunch and transportation. He didn't mention location. Well, we ended up in Compton at NIGHT, with a warm coke and a bologna sandwich sans condiments!

I don't hate him for it but just read the fine print with that one. He's a slick as they come.

Anonymous said...

Willie Brown makes it look easy but the real Gees say that pimpin' ain't easy.

Anonymous said...

That's how Willie gets all da' play with the ladies. Smooth threads and smoother manners. Watch out..