Friday, August 24, 2007

of course his name is chris...

Am I crazy or is this story pure heaven?
I'll recap. Apparently, a relatively not-unattractive 35 year old Oakland School Board Member had an "innappropriate" relationship with a 17 year old.
Girl.
He sent her text messages. He hugged her in his car. He called her "Dearest."
It sounds cheesy, but he means it.
I guess they couldn't be together because of his girlfriend.
And the law.
So, other than wondering if Oaktown Romeo is going to resign, I'm dying to know what his poor, OLD girlfriend thinks about all of this. I mean, speaking as a 29 year old spinster, I can identify with worrying that your significant other is going to run off with a really sophisticated 12 year old.
Jesus Christ. Who are these men?
This guy is one step down from Scott Peterson, whom we all know I love deeply...

10 comments:

lo said...

Yay, a new label! I really hope you sort through your old posts and start applying it retroactively.

Anonymous said...

I was almost willing to forgive this if "Chris" was hot but he looks like a perv. Ewe. Makes me wonder what the 17-year old looks like.

Becky said...

Really? We are going to achknowledge this....

Anonymous said...

In like 40 states thats a legit relationship. Maybe he was just her math tutor, showing her how many times 35 can go into 17...

Sorry you missed you boyfriend at the Barry Bonds deal at justin herman today.. he was quite funny making a SF-homo reference and wore an orange tie instead of powder blue.
Barry had to give carole migden a kiss on the cheek... blechh....

Sweet Melissa said...

I love that, whenever there is a serious case of creepy-scandalous-sh*t, the dude's description is always something like the one in this case: "a teacher, an Eagle Scout and the parish president of his church." Eeeeeew.

Anonymous said...

he was just "mentoring her" dirty message "was taken out of context" sez his liar

Thanks god we all get a lawwyer in this country.

greg said...

dig the ironic placeholder for his retired campaign website

http://flickr.com/photos/gdewar/1218376739/

Anonymous said...

Dobbins scrubbed his myspace page

Anonymous said...

I love how he said he had some songs he wanted to play for her.

GOD! What a loser.

Anonymous said...

If rehab is the "loony bin", what about Gavin?