Friday, June 22, 2007

i am kind to cripples...

What is the protocol when you find yourself stuck behind a slow/crippled/old person?
This morning at Ghetto Gas, I found myself behind a limper as we both made out way into the shop of filth. I felt it would be rude to brush past this poor, obviously disabled woman so I slowly walked behind her for the 10 minutes it took her to walk the 20 feet into the store. No one else, however, felt it inappropriate to cut her off and thus as I moseyed along in this 2 person parade, an array of crack heads and dime hookers were able to buy their 8am corndogs from 1983 before I even breached the front door.
I ask you, is this fair?

4 comments:

sfmike said...

Name me ten things in life that are fair. And I'm glad you're being Good and Not Evil to old crippled ladies.

Anonymous said...

Were you behind Swiss Miss?

becky said...

Beth, courtesy is what separates "us" from the "array of crack heads and dime hookers" who buy corndogs at 8am. Even though patients must sometimes be dredged from the bottom of our hearts; would you rater be patient or a dime hooker?

HEJJ said...

Patience. Anyway...
If you are looking for fairness from crack whores, good luck. Should the elderly lady expect more respect from the crack whore? Sure should should! (Though truthfully, she might be so focused on not tripping and falling over the disjointed sidewalk she may not notice.) The old lady who was crippled certainly deserves the respect you gave, if not more. (yes, you are an angel!) But have you seen that scene in Amelie, where she leads the blind man through various neighborhoods, complete with fantastic descriptions for the man who can't see it for himself? I'd like to be more like that, but I'd also like to make sure I get inside before the last corndog is gone! Dammit I love those things. Can't blame anybody for pushing the ol' lady down at 8am for one. Can't blame them a bit.