Friday, June 08, 2007

can i drink you...

I have to admit, I’m pretty sick of this Ed Jew nonsense. And it occurred to me, as I forced myself to read about bribes and Burlingame this morning, I’d care a lot more if Ed was hotter. Let’s face it folks, Ed Jew has got a face for radio.
He needs to work what I like to call, “the Saturday Gavin.”
(Prada athletic separates with some type of community event t-shirt peeking out and a Giants hat.)
Speaking of Gavin, on occasion I am blessed enough to be sent glorious stories and photos from perfect strangers who have access to my boyfriend. Like the stunning and fabulous Susan who sent me this:

"7pm Halloween night, pre-drinks with his friends at La Barca before hitting the Castro.About to order a drink, my boyfriend sees Gavin at the end of the bar, goes up to him and says, 'Nice costume - you totally look like Gavin Newsom.'Gavin looks at him like he's retarded (or realizes that he really wants a tequila shot), laughs awkwardly, and says he just got back from the Castro and was hoping that it would be a safe night (now we all know there was a gang shoot-up later - did Gavin have advanced knowledge? Did he show up loaded?) Bartender grudgingly took the infamous pic. Then Gavin asked for your number..."

So, just to recap, Gavin spent Halloween sitting at the bar of La Barca with a big binder of official city business and a guy dressed as a bottle of tequila. Yeah, that sounds about right. Thank god he found Jesus or whatever and is in recovery. Swiss Miss will probably make him spend Halloween ’07 snuggled up on the couch sipping juice boxes and watching her favorite scary movie, Hocus Pocus.
Please. Like they’ll still be together. Hello? Who is Gavin’s MySpace Number One?
Oh yeah. Me…

11 comments:

Brett said...

How is it that he only has 30 friends?

Spots said...

He's OBVIOUSLY very selective...

Anonymous said...

Awe man, I have to call Brian Phroby the ActLocallySF drone who set up the website, recruits volunteers, and did the MySpace Page for Gavin complete with instructions in ebonics so Gavin could actually look at it from his Crackberry; because I totally donated like $150 bucks to the campaign, passed out flyers, gathered signatures, washed hobo feet for like hours and I STILL haven't been added to his MySpace friends ...sheesh!

rocky said...

I am 1 of the 30 and I just can't be more proud....didya notice most of his friends are gals...I love a guy's gal guy... by the by did you check out the northside SF intervew...yummy pics of our boy

Anonymous said...

Beth,
Gavin would be a fool not to spend Halloween with Miss Spots instead.
I'm still horrified at seeing Swiss Miss in that Mazda ad on Thursday on NBC when I was just trying to watch a re-run of the office. She did her one expression of "surprise accompanied by furrowed brow and gasp". I've seen better acting at my local grade school Christmas pageant.
Lame!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Can I tell you just how mean you are? I love it!!

amy said...

Gavin goes out with his homework to hook tail. He gets laid like carpet. Is he serious with the whole I'm so studious I bring work to the bar? That binder is a pussy trap. I bet he's got more numbers in there than Wilt Chamberlin.

Anonymous said...

Who are those other tramps in their underwear on his page?

greg said...

be friends on flickr, it's more fun, then you get gavin pics served up every time there's an update.

Jess Drake said...

OH MY EFFING GOD! YOU'RE HIS NUMBER ONE!

CONGRADU-FUCKING-LATIONS!

And, um, I'm...not...anywhere...near...the...top...of...yours...

I'M JUST GONNA GO CRY MYSELF TO SLEEP, NOW, NIGHT.

Hahha, I'm totally kidding.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, you beautiful girl, on having a VERY hard week and a constant sense of humor.