Tuesday, May 29, 2007

"i'm getting my tubes tied..."

I have no idea what the rest of you did on Memorial Day, but I had the Zoo covered. The high (or low point, depending on how you look at it) was when Laura, Mikey and I found ourselves sitting in the Leaping Lemur Rotunda (for the third time of the afternoon), the only locale in the San Francisco Zoo serving booze. Our long day of driving all over the city, from a huge brunch at The Ramp to my car at Lil’s, then back to our hood where we then decided to head to the ocean and stare at imprisoned animals, had taken it’s toll, both physically and mentally.
We lost it.
We were laughing so hard, I thought we might be asked to leave.
And here’s what I learned:
1. You only need to go to the zoo once every 10 years.
2. The Carousel is totally worth the $2.
3. Perhaps it’s just me, but I’d rather the animals be set free and we lock the kids up in cages...

9 comments:

lo said...

The Leaping Lemur is my new hang-out. It's ten steps from the carousel, ice-cold coronas are $4.50 each, and they are more than happy to give you a "to-go" cup.

The Ramp is like Sinbad's with better parking.

Matt said...

Most importantly, did you get a zoo-key?

Celynnen said...

I was at the National Zoo this weekend and totally agree with the locking the kids up idea. Other people's children are the best incentive for birth control. ugh.

Anonymous said...

Beth, what about Gavin Jr?

Becky said...

Beth, I don't know if Michael or myself has ever eluded to my hatred of children? I cannot stand the little beasts. The number one rule in my life: Never, never, NEVER, go to a public venue that targets children during summer, winter, or easter vacation or on three day weekends. Stick to bars and and places too expensive to bring the whole family...

amy said...

I agree wit Becky. After a weekend spent with my friend's children I wanted to take my own life. What's all the hubbub about with procreating anyway? It's an overrated pain in the ass that steals your youth and drains your wallet. As John Cleese once said, "Children ruin your life for at least 18 years."

sfmike said...

I think animals in prisons are yucky, too. They made me sad even when I was a little kid, so I haven't been to a zoo in a good forty years.

As for locking up the children in cages, well, no...maybe giving them something more fun to do than looking at imprisoned animals would help.

becky in oakland said...

i'm with you on the leashes. heck, i'd be a huge proponent of caging the beasts (the kids, not the animals) too. filthy, vile little beings. well, the majority of them anyway.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Added a new value add to my blog this weekend - a news widget from www.widgetmate.com. I always wanted to show latest news for my keywords in my sidebar. It was very easy with this widget. Just a small copy paste and it was done. Great indeed.