Wednesday, December 13, 2006

maybe it's just too early in the game...

Last year, I rang in 2006 with Man on the Inside. He ceremoniously poured me wine and mocked my accessories, but truth be told, I had such a lovely evening, I blew off my gays for him.
Unheard of.
Apparently, MOI is still worried that I might be dateless and depressed on New Years and forwarded me the following (edited by Spots) e-mail:

Dear Friends and Supporters (I wonder which one I am):

I hope you and your friends (Oh, we can bring dates!) will start your New Year's Eve celebration early in the evening with our campaign. Our team is hard at work and I can't think of a better way to end this year than by thanking current supporters and asking new supporters to join the campaign by making a contribution. (snooze. I can.)

Please come by:

Date: December 31, New Year's Eve
Time: 6:00 - 8:00 PM
Location: Medjool Restaurant, 2522 Mission @ 21st Street Maximum Contribution: $500 per person (Lots of boring contact information, etc.)

We have much to celebrate, yadda, yadda, yadda (I’m paraphrasing here.)
Thank you,
Gavin Newsom

I responded with the highly appropriate, “Holy Shit.”
While I’ll certainly be dateless this New Year’s, I won’t be in the country and will thus, miss this incredible opportunity to give Gavin money. However, this “invitation” poses some questions. First of all, why is he always at Medjool? That place is 6 blocks from my house and sucks. It’s like Night at the Roxbury for people from Pleasanton. Second of all, what happens at 8? Where’s the after party, Gavin? For $500, I at least need some sort of midnight groping in a darkened hallway. If we’re good enough to fork over cash, we should be good enough to ring in the New Year. Finally and perhaps, most importantly, is this an open bar?
These questions aside, I encourage you all to go and report back immediately. I’ll need to know the following:
1. What was he wearing? Be specific. Photos encouraged. Feel free to ask to see labels.
2. Who was he with? Seriously. I’m not fucking around. Find out.
3. Did he appear to be looking for me? Asking about me? Openly missing my charming presence, etc…

*I have no idea who took that picture, but I love them. And if you want a copy of the official e-mail, I'll be delighted to forward it so you can attend in my absence. Just make all donations are made in my name...

1 comment:

sfmike said...

Buen viaje.