Thursday, December 07, 2006

i left my heart in san francisco. it's at some motherfucking disco...

You know how I said I don’t believe in live music?
I’m converted.
When Thadd claimed he could get tickets to Alice in Winterland, I pretty much shit myself. Why? Oh, only because my favorite band of all time was performing in my favorite venue of all time. That’s right, readers. The Scissor Sisters were at Bimbo’s last night. And I was 20 feet away from them the entire time.
Wisely skipping the uninteresting Soul Asylum, we showed up just as the Sisters were preparing to take the stage. I found some gays at the bar, let them buy our drinks and took my dancing place as close to the stage as humanly possible.
Bimbo’s is little and the Sisters are a huge band.
And I was starting to get really, really, really excited.
I don’t go to concerts. I like radio edits. I’m pissed if there’s some guy strumming a guitar in a bar. But when those bitches took the stage last night, I lost it. I was screaming, dancing, jumping up and down like a crazy person. I actually called Mo and Lo and held my ghetto-ass phone up so they could hear the heaven that is this glorious, glittery, gay, gay band.
And in between every song, I’d just stand there, saying “Oh my god” over and over and over.
As Michael K. would say, I’m one hot mess this morning but it was so worth it. I can still hear Ana Matronic singing her fabulous heart out as I sit here, pounding Advil, sipping tea and looking filthy.
Well, filthy/gorgeous…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, I'm so jealous. That shit was invitation only. SS at Bimbo's. I'm dying.

Sunset Boy said...

Alice In Winterland is much fun. I went a few years back and saw Frou Frou & Coldplay. Awesome. ( I must admit, I do bristle at your Soul Asylum dig. Uncool.)
BEN