Wednesday, October 18, 2006

stay classy, san ramon...

The incomparable Molly Cobb from New Jersey has been in town for the past few days and we celebrated her last night in town with dinner at Town Hall. Perhaps we were discussing Pete “I Hate Friends” Wilson, but Molly soon confessed to a childhood crush on a New Jersey newscaster. So enamored, Molly would kiss the TV screen as he presented the nightly news.
When asked who my favorite local newscaster was, I had only one response.
Dennis Richmond. Hands down.
Not only has he been staring back at me from the Channel 2 10 O’clock News for 137 years, but Dennis Richmond has a certain panache, a certain je ne sais quoi, a certain moustache. I would go on a DATE with Dennis Richmond.
In a heartbeat.
Our date would have to involve some kind of old school dance hall, where we’d sip white wine spritzers and Dennis would twirl me on the dance floor with his smooth disco moves. I get the feeling Dennis is the kind of guy that would take you to dinner at “the very best Italian restaurant in all of San Ramon!” His autographed headshot would be on prominent display and the manager would make a huge fuss over him, sending over his favorite toasted ravioli appetizer and extra breadsticks as a sign of respect. I get the feeling Dennis is the kind of guy that arrives at your door to pick you up with a single red rose and ends the date by walking you to your door and extending the handshake/cheek kiss combo, his gold bracelet glistening in the South Bay suburban moonlight…

4 comments:

Vizzini said...

So basically he's Ron Burgundy?

vizzini said...

vizzini is sorry I didnt even see the "stay classy, San Ramon" title.

Dancing Queen said...

One of my best friends from childhood went to the same high school as Dennis Richmond's kids. One time I went to a basketball game there and his son was starting as the the star forward. His daughter, of course, was a cheerleader. While the son was good looking, he was a little TOO good looking.

I turned to my friend Courtney and said, "Dennis Richmond's kid is hot" to which she replied, "Yeah, it's widely known that he wears makeup." As I got closer to him after the game, I saw the cover-up.

Strange, but true. Hopefully he doesn't take after his father.

sfmike said...

Now that's a Dennis Richmond appreciation.