Thursday, September 28, 2006

guess who's back...

No one ever tells you that sometimes, having a soul mate doesn’t mean some guy with a suit and a tie and a house and a white picket fence and a den with shag carpeting. No one ever tells you that sometimes, your soul mate can be a woman with a boyfriend and an apartment in another neighborhood and better clothes with better handbags than you will ever have. No one ever tells you that sometimes, nothing can fix everything like your friend moving back to town and listening to your problems and splitting a bottle of Chardonnay and understanding every single stupid word that escapes your mouth. And no one ever tells you that any day of the week, no matter who you are or what you look like or who you’re in a relationship with, the only thing that will ever matter is real, true, unconditional, family love, like the love I get from my wonderful, beautiful, forever friend…

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know you or your friend, but that just made me cry.

Spots said...

Awww. Well, since I figured since I'm a judgemental bitch 99% of the time, I'm allowed a little schmaltz every once in awhile...

irene said...

hey darlin bethey,
you just described exactly how i feel about your mom! no one could have told us that a southern baptist girl from mississippi and a irish catholic girl from california would end up being 'soulmates'. even though we both have an abundance of friends and families that we love dearly, somehow we have become 'soul mates'. we ran a business together sitting next to each other day in and day out and remained close through the good times and bad. i depend on her to keep me honest and to make me laugh. so thank you for being so articulate about how i feel about your mom! xxoo irene

Anonymous said...

another blog about me? beth you shouldn't have.

-gray cloud

Spots said...

Gray Cloud, no one loves you like I love you. And the day we have a conversation that isn't 100% about you is the day I write you your very own blog tribute...