Tuesday, September 26, 2006

the few, the proud, the scentsitive...

In case anyone was wondering, in the United States Marines Christmas Catalog (which I found in the building’s bathroom), in the scented candle section, the "God Bless America" candle is “Mulled Cider.” As opposed to the “Ooh-Rah” candle, which is “Warm Vanilla.”
I love a Marine. I truly, truly love a Marine. Ever since one carried my bags for me in an airport and called me “ma’am”, I’ve been a sucker for the military. And I have the utmost respect for people willing to die for the myriad of freedoms and oil I take for granted. But I don’t see how the United States Armed Forces can be so goddamn homophobic yet manage to endorse an entire line of Marine Corps Scented Candles…

3 comments:

sfmike said...

USMC Scented Candles? You're s--tting us, right?

sfmike said...

I just hit the link provided and found that you weren't kidding us, though it does look like an association for retired Marines.

However, you barely scratched the surface with the scented candles. For instance, there's a "1st Sergeant Apron" for sale with "Grill Sergeant" emblazoned across the chest.

Spots said...

Mike, Mike, Mike...there's a Semper Fi bolo tie. I like how in the actual catalog, the page full of knives and the page full of scented candles and Marine Corps potpouri are on facing pages...