Monday, August 14, 2006

the drugs are upstairs...

I know, I know. Since Thursday. I've been in Sea Ranch with the family, tanning on my own private deck and reading lots of In Style Magazines from 1999. Ted, Bill and Cathy joined us and we spent a weekend wandering the cliffs, playing boardgames, working on model trains and hiking to the Lodge Bar. I'd like to point out that upon arrival, my uncle Ted insisted I check out his new microscope. He'd assembled an array of curious objects, including one described as resembling "a beautiful piece of amber!" It was his booger.
Later, he found some kind of bug in the weeds which he subjected to his science projects. The bug, not surprisingly, ate the booger. Ted was thrilled.
I returned early from Sea Ranch to meet Mikey and Chris for some party a client had invited Mike to attend. We grabbed a bottle of champagne and headed over to his house, not quite sure if we'd find six 50 year olds sipping Merlot on couches or 100 people at a fabulous party.
Marvelously, it was the latter and I think Mikey has a client for life. I made tons of new friends including one gentleman in a red bow tie who announced to Mikey, "This bitch is fucking awesome!"
The night ended with drinks at Noonan's, where the boys confessed to noticing my boobs. I'm not really sure if that's supposed to be a compliment, but I'm glad they occasionally remember I'm, like, a girl. Because most of my evening was spent being forced to admire a caterer's ass.
Oh, and if you're wondering who the Dread Pirate Roberts is, it's Mikey. He lost his razor...

3 comments:

Becky said...

THe bug ate the booger. That is fantastic. I almost peed my pants after reading that.

mork the dork said...

Mike and Chris are hot. Not as hot as you ;) But hot.

Just kidding. They're hotter than you!

Anonymous said...

Did any one else notice Dick's t-shirt. That is awsome! Me too, Dick. Me too.