Saturday, July 08, 2006

poggio is so 2004...

I will always shop. I could be on a deserted island. I could be in jail. I could be in a funeral procession and pull over for a red tag sale. I will always shop. So last night, as Lo and I sipped cocktails at Poggio, we decided to wander around Sausalito.
“Oh, Oh, we have to go here!” I demanded. “I loved this store when I was a kid.”
I dragged Lo into the Sausalito Ferry Company and began to narrow down my options. Come hell or high water, I was buying something. I found perfect cards for far away friends, birthday presents for distant parties…I even bought myself a glow in the dark ring (it’s way cuter than it sounds.) Lo finally left me between the Jeffrey Dahlmer car scent and the selection of religious icon boxers, returning to Poggio and deciding where we’d hit next. I think I spend about $11, but it was sadly, the highlight of my night. Today, alone at noon in the movie theater, I looked down in delight.
There it was. Glowing in the dark. God, how I love to shop…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice headline...

Spots said...

I took a photographic response to the headline, but it's inappropriate for the blog...

Becky said...

It is really hard for me to believe that you paid to see that movie.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot!
» »