Monday, July 24, 2006

if you wanna sing out, sing out...

Yesterday, I dragged Mikey and Big Chris to see Harold and Maude at the Red Vic, shocked that either of them agreed to go. Perhaps it’s because I’ve seen this movie a million times and neither of them had, perhaps it’s because I saw it coming a mile away and they’re oblivious or perhaps some of us are emotionally evolved grown-ups and some of us are not, but when 20 year old Harold and 80 year old Maude are shown in half conscious post-coital bliss, you’d have thought Chris and Mike were watching a snuff film based upon their overwhelming physical and verbal reactions.
“What the fuck!”
“Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god.”
“Are you shitting me?”
“Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god.”
“This is the most fucked thing I have ever seen in my life. I hate you.”
We walked along Haight Street back to the car and passed a shop that prints whatever you want on t-shirts and trucker hats and tacky underpants.
“I wonder what I’d get on my t-shirt” I asked aloud, walking between the two of them still cringing from the movie.
“Probably something lame and chick-like.”
“No. I’d get two fingers pointing left and right and it’d say ‘I’m with stupids.’”
“Yeah right.” scoffed Chris. “I know what it’d say.”
“What?”
Maude…

4 comments:

Elliot said...

H&M is gold.

Boris Hiestand said...

a wonderful film. But what happened to Bud Cort?

Spots said...

In 1979, Bud Cort was in a serious car accident on the Hollywood Freeway. On the way home from a Frank Sinatra concert, he rear-ended a car which was abandoned in the road. His injuries included a fractured skull, severe cuts to his face, the loss of several teeth, and a broken arm and leg; he had reconstructive plastic surgery, and subsequently lost a court case against the owner of the abandoned car. Having spent months in recuperation, he was out of the public eye and subsequently suffered career difficulties, with his work being relegated to small character actor roles in primarily independent films: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bud_Cort

Wasn't he also in the Life Aquatic? Anyway, rough stuff for Harold...

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. hair loss herbs vitamins