Friday, July 07, 2006

and now, item four on the agenda...

Occasionally, my father (via e-mail) decrees it time for a “family meeting.” In most families, I imagine, or certainly in sitcoms and live-in reality shows, this means someone’s in trouble. In my family, this means we’re planning a party or going on a trip. We met at Gaylord India Restaurant in Sausalito, Alex and I heading over early to enjoy drinks at the bar. This is also standard. Any family meal gathering, even if it’s just the four of us and especially when traveling, requires that we meet somewhere an hour early for cocktails, as if the prospect of sitting down to dinner with one another requires self medication. I complain about my family a lot, but it’s small, happy rituals like last night that make me thrilled to be a Spotswood…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

B-Spot, you're so pretty. Damn, the pretty and funny kill me. Love you lots.
-JJ

Dancing Queen said...

The picture of you and your pops is adorable. You are the most photogenic person I know...for real.