Tuesday, May 23, 2006

pretty shoes topoff...

So, right now I’m in the midst of putting on Fiddler on the Roof, the timeless Broadway musical featuring Tevye, a poor dairyman with 5 daughters who wanders around singing “Tradition!” and “If I Were a Rich Man.” Big Chris, ever supportive of my career, never comes to the plays. He simply attends the after-party my parent’s host. However, in mocking encouragement of my endeavors, Chris enjoys screaming “Hey look! I’m Topoff! TRADITION!!!!!!!!”
“Chris, his name isn’t Topoff. It’s Tevye.”
“Topol?”
“Tevye.”
“That’s what I said. Topoff. TRADITION!!!!!!!!!!!!”
“You are retarded.”
“Check it out! I’m Topoff! Look at me! I’m Topoff!”
“I hate you. Are you coming to my play?”
“What do I look like? One of your boyfriends? I will, however, partake of free beer and food at your parents’ house and do shots with your dad.”
Alright, but Topoff better bring his own goddamn Tecate…

2 comments:

sfmike said...

Um, why in God's name are you involved in putting on "Fiddler on the Roof?" And you're actually getting paid for it? Oh right, you don't write about work, but now I'm afraid that I'm horrifyingly curious.

Plus, your brilliant album covers above are as amazing as anything on Princess Sparkle Pony's blog, and that's saying something. Does it have anything to do with "Tradition!"?

Bonita said...

I heard Chris is going into the Sheriffs Academy?!?!?!?!? 'Nuff said.