Monday, March 20, 2006

keep it golden...

I’ve often wondered, and who hasn’t really, which Golden Girl I most identify with and why? I’m clearly not a Rose, and I’m obviously no Blanche. But I’m torn between Sophia and Dorothy. Truth be told, as much as I’d like to fancy myself the bad ass Sophia, I’m a Dorothy through and through.
I had to be sure. So I took “The Test.”
After answering a series of questions pertaining to Mister Burt Reynolds, caftans and cheesecake, the computer agreed with me. I’m a Dorothy.
The more I think about it, the easier it become to find the “Spots” in the sitcom.
I was going to take the Designing Women Test, sure I just had to be a Julia, but after several questions I became too afraid my results would brand me an Anthony and I nervously quit.
While not a sitcom, were I a Steel Magnolia, I’d be Miss Clairee Belcher. No question.
Sadly, and I have a sinking feeling this personal assessment is dead on, had I attended Easton as one of the gals from the Facts of Life, I’d be an eerie and unexpected cross between Natalie and Blair.
Ugh. The shame overwhelms me.
But hey. At least I’m not a Jo…

10 comments:

honorary roomie said...

there's only one character on designing women it would be worse to be than anthony. i just took the quiz. i'm berniece. damn internet.

Spots said...

Oh Zo. You've got a streak of Blanche, Suzanne, Truvy and that blonde chick from season 1 of the Facts of Life.
Don't get mad, but I think your sitcom persona can best be summed up as "Jesse Spano" from Saved by the Bell. Does that make Richard "Slater?"

KG said...

Blanche? honestly...how could I be Blanche? I don't trust that quiz...

Bjorn Borg said...

Dorothy? I guess I talk most like Dorothy?

Spots said...

You're a Man-Blanche, I think we'd all agree.

Actually, you're half Blanche, half Dorothy, and she's man enough for all of us...

Anonymous said...

Damn. I'm Sophia. Guess it's time to move in with Grandma! Is Dorothy the woman previously known as Maude. If so, it's really frightening 'cause you REALLY are my daughter!!!! On another note, I always wanted to be Jo.
XOMOM

Nihilistic said...

I took the test...I came up Blanche...Huh?

Anonymous said...

I'm Sophia. I'm a cranky, sarcastic young woman, stands to reason I'll make a cranky, sarcastic old woman.

And in our school production of Steel Magnolias, I was Weezer. Our drama coach said it was pure typecasting.

Anonymous said...

Of Course, I'd be a Blanche! LOL
Andy

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »