Wednesday, February 22, 2006

i'm all about the w...

Oh, it is so on. Forget Runway, forget Oprah, forget MySpace. My new obsession is Pub Quiz. And I will not give it up until I’ve dominated the San Francisco Pub Quiz scene. After reading my review of The Bitter End’s Tuesday night Quiz, Jackson West informed me that Edinburgh Castle’s Tuesday Quiz is much better. Oh, and he’s also tired of winning.
That’s all I need to hear.
Bring it on, hipsters. Turn off your talk radio, air fluff your Ramones t-shirt and de-lint your H&M pinstripe blazers. I’m in it to win it and I’m bringing back-up.
Awww, yeah. You heard me. Not only will I have my standard posse of brainiacs hooking it up with the current events, historical accuracy and obscure musical trivia, but for this Tuesday only, we’ll have a secret weapon: Zoe Stagg, Republican genius...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The really frightening thing is that dad and I used to go to the Edinburgh Castle when we were dating. You could buy fish and chips across the alley, bring them in, and have them with your beer. XOXOMOM

Jackson said...

I'm happy to note that you can now order the fish and chips from the waitress, who'll call the chippy and have them delivered to you at the bar.

Me, I now have intelligence that The Albatross in Berkeley is conisdered by some the most difficult pub quiz, as you have to compete against all sorts of Cal grad students.

berkeleyist said...

As a veteran of the Albatross pub quiz, I have to agree with the chatter. The people who attend take it very seriously. My group was composed entirely of Cal grads and we never broke the top five. The closest we ever came to victory was when we won best team name. "Terminated Democracy" is not half as clever as "Mike Hunt passes on the sausage rolls", but the charms of the roommate apparently outweigh those of Big Chris. Well, at least in the eyes of the quiz master...

honorary roomie said...

you know that *everyone* is dying to have "republican genius" as their official suffix...