Thursday, February 02, 2006

designers, rock the kasbah...

The best thing about Project Runway is Tim Gunn. I love him. The only thing better than a gay is a rich, fashionista, successful gay. That is my perfect gay. And that is Tim Gunn. Essentially, Tim is the gay guru guide to the designers, and last night, he busted Santino’s flawless impression of him. Ugh, I cannot tell you the heaven this sent me into. Really, nothing makes me happier than sitting in my living room with Chardonnay and Kettle Korn and settling into Runway, and obsessing about Tim. Tim, Tim, Tim. I can’t stop thinking about Tim.
I know three of you care, and that’s enough for me. You HAVE to check out Tim’s podcast (“To be blunt, I never cared for Zulema.” Gasp!) Even better, a video clip of Santino singing Nine Inch Nails’ “Closer” as Tim.

For Tim's Podcast, click HERE!

For Santino's Closer, click HERE!

8 comments:

Towski said...

I sat down this weekend and watched every episode of season two, right before we started our global-warming luau. I'm hooked. And, I'm glad Andre is gone. Weepy little ponce.

If Daniel doesn't win I'm gonna be an angry elf. Seriously, that guy has been consistently the best, by far. Sure, sure, Santino is more creative, but I think Santino has that insufferable "Don't tell me what's art, I AM art" attitude.

Anywho, who do you think wins?

Spots said...

Daniel V. must win. That Chloe is a hard little worker bee, and I actually love Nick and his eye rolls and brown-nosing. But I pick Daniel. And I never liked Santino or his crappy clothes until his Tim impressions began. Now, I love him.

nyyepkif said...

OK, last night I could actually see being friends with Santino. I think his ego has been taking a beating and it is making him realize that he ain't all that.

I agree Daniel will win, although my heart is with Chloe (does she have a sister in SF?). Nick is conflicted for some reason but I think he'll edge Santino into the final three. Kara's gone next week (not soon enough - although I liked her dress last night).

Spots said...

I know you didn't like Side Bun's dress. Ewww, J. And what country is she supposed to be from? I didn't get the memo...

Anonymous said...

Why do you love the gays so much?

Spots said...

I have found in life that we tend to love those that will love us back. When you’re a tall, chubby, strange, dramatic and awkwardly accessorized 12 year old with an unfortunate need to take part in every possible talent show and theatrical undertaking, there’s only one kind of guy that’ll talk to you.
The gay kind.
All my life, the one demographic who has showered unconditional love and praise upon me, understood my campy humor, applauded my fashion faux pas and hugged the prom wall with me have been gay, gay men. In turn, I love them back with every fiber of my being.
The end.

Towski said...

I just like that anonymous referred to your friends as "the gays". I desperately wish I was part of some sort of identifiable "the" group, but as a classic straight wasp, I have little hope. Sad really. All I want is to belong.

PS: my little sign in anti spam word listed below as I post this comment is ooupy. What a great word.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » »