Thursday, February 09, 2006

bitch fights with knives? i'm so in...

It’s Thursday, so I’m only capable of writing about one subject.
Screw the Grammy’s. I love you, Project Runway…

First of all, let me just say that my Project Runway viewing wouldn’t be the same without constant texts from MOI and gtqobzz. I sat on the couch with my huge goblet of Crystal Light and a bowl full of Kettle Korn, excitedly turning the channel to Bravo. Just the thought of a brand new episode of Runway thrills me beyond words. A pure hour of heaven, last night’s episode was particularly tense. The designers had to make over each other (!), and my little brown-nosing, queen Nick got canned.
Quelle horreur.
The upside is, I’m very excited by the previews for a new reality show, Top Chef.
12 aspiring chefs head to San Francisco and compete against each other to earn the title, “Top Chef.” Better, each week someone is asked to “pack their knives” and gets kicked out of the kitchen. As I am currently obsessed with the Food Network, I am planning a weekly gathering for viewings of Top Chef, with relevant food and wine. Top Chef fills the Runway time slot, a time slot I’ve conveniently cleared for the rest of my life.
In other party planning news, I’m thinking Oscars. Highly invested in this year’s nominations, I’m gearing up for March 5th like never before. I’m currently knocking around ideas, but am open to suggestions, particularly wacky takes on anything Brokeback related…

3 comments:

hcvmsw said...

Oscar party? I'll bring the Kettle Korn...

http://www.partyshelf.com/OscarParty.htm

Towski said...

For the first couple of episodes, I thought Santino was a tortured genius. New opinion? Torturous asshole. And to top it off, he revealed he's from Missouri. Gag.

Spots said...

While I've only met one of them, Towski and hcvmsw were separated at birth. The above comment is sooooo metro-highlights, I almost can't breathe...