Monday, January 23, 2006

god, this is a good question...

After 2 years of working together, countless hours of random discussion and many, many trips to get lunch at Whole Foods, I’ve finally stumped BenCoeFreakShow. The question that he is still completely unable to answer?

If you could have one fruit as the one and only fruit you could eat, in additional to all other non-fruit food, for the rest of your life, what would that fruit be?

My god. You’d think I asked him to pick which parent he loved more. Ben is completely flummoxed, spending 10 minutes discussing his love of strawberries, detailing how “refreshing” he finds them. Then, onto bananas and their healthful “heartiness.” Peppering me with questions and desperate for a loophole, Ben needed to know the details of my criteria.
What if the fruit isn’t in season?
Um, it’s always the best version of your fruit.
Year round?
Year round.
Well, what’s your fruit?
Pineapple.
Hmmm. Good choice. But pineapple is very acidic. It’ll ruin the enamel on your teeth. But I like pineapple. It’s a nice choice. God, this is a good question.
Well, what’s in gonna be, freakshow?
Based upon your criteria, I’m going with strawberries. God, I love strawberries. They’re so refreshing…

8 comments:

Marge (aka Sweet Thang) said...

Gotta love that Benji!!!

A.P.S. said...

Easy Oranges.

Sunset Boy said...

I think Watermelons would be my choice.

and that is so cool, I had no idea you worked with Chandler Bing!

BEN

Nihilistic said...

Grapes

Towski said...

Apples.

theo said...

Pineapple? My dear Beth, you are slipping. Would you really want to go the rest of your life without the grape?

Spots said...

That is hilarious, Sunset. For 2 months a year, Ben and I work the plays on weekends and run around with walkie-talkies (occasionally using them unprofessionally.) Ben's new walkie name is Chandler.

And as for you, Theo. I already thought of that. But wine does not count as a fruit, I've decided. Also, truth be told, if I could only have one fruit as my only fruit for the rest of my life, I pick Elton John...

Anonymous said...

Nectarines XOXOMOM