Friday, December 16, 2005

thumbs down...

I am the biggest West Wing nerd ever. The only reason I exist is for Josh and Donna. I’ve seen every episode. Twice. So it is with great distress that I inform you that life has imitated art, and John Spencer died of a heart attack today, presumably not in the middle of a forest at Camp David like he did on the West Wing, but dead none the less.
In addition to the great sorrow I feel, I’m tremendously concerned that this will prompt producers to put a fucking Republican in the White House, electing Hawkeye Pierce to President. I mean, the West Wing serves to provide idiots like myself with informed tidbits of leftist propaganda to drop at cocktail parties. Also, what the hell is going to happen to the staff I’ve come to know and obsess over? And most importantly, what does this mean for Josh and Donna?
I propose an episode entitled Four Weddings and a Funeral, in which we mourn Leo, who died in some very exciting, international incident and then we have some folks get hitched. Now, I know we just had a wedding, with Ellie marrying Skipper from Sex in the City, but weddings equal ratings, so why not three more. Thus, we’ll go the fabulously inter-racial route with Charlie and Zoey, the wonderfully unexpected lesbian pairing of CJ and that butch blonde chick with the bangs who knows all about wars and Arabs, and end in a glorious Josh and Donna Wedding Extravaganza finale…

2 comments:

Sunset Boy said...

I am very sad too. I first saw his talents when he played Tommy Mullaney on "L.A. Law", since I am much older than you. I have actually never seen an episode of "West Wing", but I am sure he was great on it. An amazing talent, he will be missed.
BEN

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »