Thursday, December 22, 2005

god save the queens...

There a thousands of fabulous events happening all the time that I’d gladly give my first born to attend, but yesterday, I missed the shindig of a lifetime and I’ve got to say, if I could go back in time and attend any party is the history of parties, this one’s high on the list: The Wedding of Elton John and David Furnish.
Ugh, how fucking fabulous is that! The only downside is that my nemesis, Elizabeth Hurley was there and she probably complained about the flowers and the food and the fat people the entire time. I really don’t understand what her problem is, but I can say with utmost confidence, Elton would know to put us at different tables because after a couple of mojitos, she’d start calling me a big, loud, tacky American and I’d start calling her the answer to Divine Brown’s prayers.
Elton and I, on the other hand, would be fast friends. And not just because he’s a huge, over the top, emotional-wreck, flaming gay. I’ve always felt a kinship with Ms. John, ever since we were little girls. And for the rest of my life, I will lament the fact I was not a bridesmaid on the happiest day of his life.

Top 5 Parties I Wish I Attended:
5. Any Post-Oscar Vanity Fair Party, preferably 1998’s soiree with winners Ben and Matt
4. Anything involving The Rat Pack, The Sands Hotel, Don Rickels and me in vintage Dior
3. Hef’s Midsummer Night’s Dream Party at the Playboy Mansion
2. The Fabulously Homo Wedding of Elton John and David Furnish
1. Gavin’s Super Secret Divorce Soiree I’m sure he had

5 comments:

Nihilistic said...

Don Rickels?? DON Rickels??? ... DON RICKELS????

Spots said...

I love Don Rickles. And here's why.

Back in the day, Don was trying to woo some chick in the Lounge at the Sands. He snuck away to the bar and found Frank Sinatra.
"Hey, Frank." he said. "I'm with this broad I'm trying to impress and she'd think it was a real big deal if you came over and said hi to me. You know, it'd make me look great. I'd really appreciate it, if you don't mind."
So Rickles returns to his date at their table and a few mintes later, Sinatra comes over.
"Hey, Don. It's great to see you."
"Frank!" Rickles screams, annoyed. "I'm with people!"

I love Don Rickles.

Molly said...

Beth, you should have gone to Elton's FIRST wedding!! See this picture @

http://www.multinet.no/~jonarne/Hjemmesia/Favorittartister/elton_john/elton_john_8.jpg

Sunset Boy said...

That Rickles story is a classic. I am going to do that to Greg Proops some day.

I can think of another party you missed...

BEN

Nihilistic said...

THAT is funny! I think I like him now too!