Tuesday, November 01, 2005

what the hell are you supposed to be...

For the first time in my life, I live in a neighborhood where children trick or treat. And for the first time in the four years that I’ve lived here, I decided to stay home and pass out candy with my highly enthusiastic roommate. We had fun, sitting around drinking wine and gossiping while answering the doorbell every five minutes.
“Well, Hello! Look at you! Are you a Princess? And you! Well, you’re just about the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. Oh, what a scary monster! Spiderman! How‘d you find us?“ This went on for a couple of hours, Zoe marveling at how tiny they all were while I lamented the fact that we wouldn’t have any candy left over.
At one point, the doorbell rang and we opened it to find two 20 year old guys in sombreros standing there, pillow cases outstretched. I debated giving them our leftover Tecate, but decided just to throw handfuls of Butterfinger at them and hope they didn’t rob us…

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big Chris would have been mad if you did that.

Batgirl said...

Shawn went and got lame candy to pass out...who the hell wants assorted lemon and lime flavord tootsie rolls? I tried to make up for quality with quantity...but when the older "kids" showed up on our doorstep with KFC buckets for trick or treating...I was pretty sure they were gonna walk away and take a dump on the lawn...

Did you have a ton a kids?
kg

Spots said...

I don't know that we had a TON of kids, but the doorbell got a nice change of pace from Jehovah's Witnesses and Central Anmerican nuns...

Speaking of which, what's a priest doing commenting on MY blog, Fr. Anonymous?

Anonymous said...

You are featured on SFist.com today. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

This is a fucking hilarious blog. Who ARE you???