Thursday, November 17, 2005

if i were reading this, i'd hate me too...

But for the 3 people who care (2 plus me) Talan is engaged to Kimberly Stewart, who I’m convinced is secretly 45 years old. Am I the only one completely flipping out about this? Maybe it’s the pot of coffee I just chugged, maybe it’s my growing excitement for the H&M opening shindig tonight or maybe it’s the fact that I am in possession of nothing resembling a life, but I am floored!

Here is why I object:













1. He’s 12. She’s uh, how do I put this, been around the block.
2. How can Talan, whom I’m not wild about in the first place, go from the wonderfully troubled and fashion forward Lindsey Lohan to this skank?
3. I actually just had to explain to someone who they both were. (He’s from Laguna Beach, a reality show about gorgeous children and she’s Rod Stewart’s daughter/Paris Hilton’s sidekick.) At least one of them should be officially famous. They’re both like, R-list celebrities.

I cannot believe how this news is affecting my day. This really is quite sad…

4 comments:

laura said...

you have read my mind. i was going to post something about this, but was too distraught to type. i know you will deny that he is gavin's twin, but clearly he is. gavin's twin engaged to a skanky, severely annoying kimberly? highly disturbing.

zoe said...

and, uh, the reason we are meant to be together forever- as soon as i found out, you were the only person i considered calling. at least it wasn't stephen...

Towski said...

Anybody have the betting odds on how long this lasts?

And is she the literal definition of "rode hard, put up wet"? Lay off the tanning bed.

Spots said...

My sadly educated guess on the length of this "relationship", (and really, I doubt they even know each other's last names) is past Thanksgiving but no where near Christmas.
Also, I can only imagine what they talk about. You know they don't sit around the breakfast table in plush bathrobes reading newspapers and discussing the war. Using very small words and lots of geographically specific slang, they probably discuss which events to attend that provide the most poorly lit photo opportunities, gratis middle shelf liquor and people who know who they are...