Saturday, October 01, 2005

there are some pretty fabulous things about berkeley...

Posted by Picasa

If dear Laura braved San Francisco for me, I'd most certainly venture across the bridge I loathe for her. After all, she IS divine and promised me a night of fabulous food, fabulous drinks and fabulous people who read my blog. Fabulous!
As I stood outside her apartment waiting for Laura to come let me in, a stunning environmentalist approached. "Hi, Beth!"
"Uh, hi."
It was Tara, aka "the roommate" I'd heard so much about. She knew who I was, which both frightened and excited me. The three of us ventured inside and hunkered down with some cocktails and conversation. Tara hopped in the shower, off to Japanese food with the legendary "Funmaster" and Laura and I booked it down to Breads of India.
Over wine and na'an, I got the scoop on the pals I'd soon be meeting. Knowing in advance that the strangers you're about to meet already know everything about you is a strange feeling. I mean, what kind of freaks read MY blog?
Turns out, spectacularly marvelous ones! We were greeted at Beckett's by Leslie, who screamed my name across Berkeley as she enthusiastically hugged me hello and shifted her flawless Coach bag. Soon we were joined by Tara and the Funmaster, who prefers to be called Kevin, and their friend Vaughn. With Leslie and I planning to crash on Laura's couch, we began to enjoy the people, the music and most importantly, the bar until the wee hours of the morning. I dig Beckett's, finding the hot bouncer and the abundance of limes in my cocktail highly enjoyable. Also, Laura's friends are hilarious, friendly and possess excellent taste in reading material. I almost forgot I was in the East Bay...

3 comments:

laura said...

I look very drunk in this picture. Shockingly, I was the pinnacle of drinking restraint last night. Ms. Tara on the other hand is an entirely different story.

keV said...

hey there. sorry for the late comment but I had a great time on Friday. And we got to meet up with the famous "flip"er Beth!!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » » »