Sunday, October 09, 2005

down a notch, part 2...

My fabulous evening last night, spent at a cocktail party at Katherine and Shawn’s followed by a bonfire on the beach can be summed up in this e-mail, to be sent today:

Dear Ken,
I understand that you hate everything about me with all of your heart, assuming that you have one. Oddly, the feeling is not mutual, but whatever. However, I'll point out that I find myself in your shoes with great frequency, trapped in a social situation with someone who makes my skin crawl. I choose to inwardly seethe and bitch about them behind their backs, as opposed to publicly ridiculing them and shooting verbal daggers in awkward and embarrassing mood-killers. I'd appreciate it if you'd do the same. Because, you've managed to make me feel like an idiot and an asshole on several occasions, and while I certainly have the capacity to be both, I'd be very grateful if you cut me a little slack.

Warmest Regards,
The girl in the fabulous beret.

God, I hate Ken…

My last run-in with the dreaded Ken...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds to me like Ken is the asshole, not you. Are his verbal daggers aimed only at you, and if so, I can't imagine why. You add elements of charm and hilarity to every soiree. Your dancecard is always packed, darling. This Ken's been locked in a cage, it seems, and is unfamilliar with our current social customs. Katherine's a doll. What's the story with this dud?

Spots said...

Yes! His verbal daggers are aimed only at me. Ask Katherine! The thing is, it's not like Ken is holding court over in his corner of the party, regaling people with fantastic stories or refilling anyone's wine glass. He just sits there, underdressed and uninteresting and then out of the blue, dagger! Suddenly, everyone shifts in their seat, Ken plasters a smug smile of his cocky face and I attempt to cover by making more fun of myself than Ken can. The thing is, Katherine IS a doll. So, I'd never publicly rip Ken the new asshole which he obviously deserves at one of Katherine's lovely parties. But keep antagonizing me. Watch what happens...

Anonymous said...

FUCK HIM! Rip him two new assholes... or better yet kill him with kindness smother him to death!

Anonymous said...

shes been trying the kindness route.....sigh
KG