Saturday, August 13, 2005

great nose, with a hint of buttered popcorn...

There are touristy things that I find ridiculous and touristy things that I find fabulous. Guess where wine tasting falls. Seven of us piled into a huge rented van and headed north, deciding on Sonoma over Napa to explore the wineries. We drank and ate and drank and ate and drank….literally, until it was time to turn around and head back to my parents for the much anticipated “Big Dinner.”
My mom’s got outdoor dining down to a science, and soon our backyard was filled with the likes of Judy, Zoe, Andy, Big Chris, and Dani who just happened to be in town from New York. There were fifteen of us in all, and the “kids” delighted in getting our own table as we outnumbered the oldies 2 to 1. While I was warned repeatedly throughout the day and well into the night, “This better not go on the blog, Beth!“ I have no wacky stories of mayhem and madness. It was perfect…