Friday, June 17, 2005

what's Oprah think?

I realize that I’ve written about Tom Cruise being nuts before. Apparently, it was only the tip of the iceberg. It seems, Tom Cruise proposed to Katie Holmes THIS MORNING atop the Eiffel Tower. Then, they held a press conference and announced it. Dakota Fanning was on hand to congratulate them.
Is it just me, or is this fucking insane?
Also, Katie is converting to Scientology which, I believe, is a religion based on dinosaurs. I wonder how my mother would react if I got engaged to a major celebrity who I’ve been dating for 2 months, announced it to her and the world via Parisian press conference and simultaneously left Catholicism for a faith founded upon a paperback. Sadly, I think her only problem would be whether to have the invitations engraved or embossed…

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh bethy. I read and I read and I read. Who knew you were this funny and witty all the time? I love this crazy blog thing. Everyone was telling me about it and I wasn't getting it. I get it now. I shall forward on, love. Consider me converted. So proud I actually know you. Also, thanks for the invite. See you tomorrow!!!
-xoxoxoxo, Monkey

M. Rolfe G. said...

"Dakota Fanning was on hand to congratulate them.
Is it just me, or is this fucking insane?"

Awesome. I think that's the funniest thing I've read all day.

Douglas Hoffman said...

Hey, Spots!

I like what you're doing here. I've been hopping around using blogger's 'Next Blog' button and found you a random click away. Have you ever tried that? It's rare enough to find a real blog, rarer still to find someone consistently entertaining.

Come visit some time.

Anonymous said...

Based on dinosaurs? Come on lets show some respect...it is based on volcanos!
KG

Anonymous said...

Yea and Dakota looked real pissed that she wasn't getting any attention! Congrats on your final day of O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A!
~itty

Anonymous said...

beth, beth, beth, beth. I know about your secret blog!!!! hahahaha. I shan't tell. Also, we're all amazed. well done, lassy.
kjj
also, in the p.s., you're funny as shit. we all dig this blog and whatnot.

Anonymous said...

Her problem would be how to find an excuse to invite Kevin Costner to the nuptuals. Mom

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info generis levitra

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. »

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! cord less hair dryer http://www.panasoniccamcorderbattery.info/Mori-lee-bridesmaid-dresses.html special occasion dress in dallas texas Free bingo real cash Incorporation online in nm Astoria new york culinary school Chart craps strategy Free ring tone for motorola v551 Egg maternity clothes Crest cadillac infiniti isuzu evening bridesmaid dresses canada why shouldn't we have dress codes Info http www 1800theeagle com topics bextra html Book dvd ferrari

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »