Thursday, June 30, 2005

perhaps i should start using spell check...

I think it’s interesting that in my last post, I mentioned how I found it bizarre that strangers read my blog. Get a load of this…
My dear friend invited me to an event at “Bob’s” Comedy Club last night, promising free comedy, free food and free booze. I could even bring a guest. Uh, okay. Idiots that they are, Amanda, Joe, Kate, Andy and Big Chris were all busy. So I took Alex. As we walked in, we realized our amazing luck. Fancy bottles of wine sat on every table, the entire bar and menu were at our disposal, and we were greeting like kings by relative strangers. It was so initially delightful, even Alex leaned over and said, “Thank you so much for brining me.”
Seriously. Even I was impressed.
If you’ll remember, some months back, I saw an amazing comic named Jacob Sirof whom I mentioned on the blog. Turns out, my good friend and comedy guru, Ben, is good friends with this Jacob character. Ben told Jacob of my devotion and forwarded him my blog. As I sipped my wine in “Bob’s” last night, I noticed Jacob in the back of the bar. I had to go up and say hello. Having never met him and being slightly in awe of his amazing talent, I tentatively went up and said, “Hi. Are you Jacob?”
Without missing a beat, he said, “Beth?”
I shit you not.
“I‘m so glad to meet you! You’re friends with Ben. I read your blog.”
Nice.
The show started and the host introduced the first comic. It was Arthur, Matt’s friend from the Robin Williams night. We actually know him! Alex and I suddenly leapt up. “Holy shit. That’s Arthur!”
Arthur killed. Then Jacob killed. Then we saw some other people, but I don’t know them and only one is worth mentioning- Brent Weintrsomething. After the show, we ran into Jacob and I introduced Alex. On and on he went, how he totally read the blog and is so happy I like his amazing and genius comedy. As we walked away, Alex was like, “Dude. He reads the blog.”
We then spot Arthur.
“Holy shit. It’s Beth and Alex. What’s up. Did I make the blog?”
What is going on???
I write this for Zoe, Bonnie, Jason and Uncle Ted.
I can’t believe you freaks read this nonsense. This is awesome…

Also, check out Jacob Sirof and Arthur Gaus. You'll laugh. I promise....

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I've seen them both. You're right. They're completely hilarious.

Bonita said...

I'm so happy to be mentioned in a blog after all this time. love you!!

A.P.S. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
A.P.S. said...

Five people before me! Five! Wow. I love you too sis.

Jason said...

Careful Alex, you did get invited to the show, after all!!

Spots said...

I was going to wait until the perfect time to tell you this, and that time has arrived...I saw you getting pulled over tonight!!!!!

Bonita said...

wait a sec, you saw Alex or Jason getting pulled over??

Spots said...

I'm pretty sure I saw Jason getting pulled over. I was nearly blinded by the police headlights reflecting off Jason's highlights.

Jason said...

wasn't me...

Spots said...

Are you shitting me? Yes it was. I was positive. I laughed all the way home, I was so positive.

Anonymous said...

http://tramadol-sqllt.blogspot.com/
Good Luck!