Wednesday, June 29, 2005

busted...

Margot just got an e-mail from a local theater owner, chatting about work stuff. She then quite cleverly mentioned that she had stumbled upon my blog, only to discover a post from months and months ago noting that Alex, Kristin and I got the old five finger discount on some unmanned beer during a performance. Her tone was light, but none the less, I flipped.
How did she find my blog!!!
And who else has???
I assume that those that read this are my nearest and dearest, perhaps an occasional blogger who stumbles upon it. Even my folks check in to see what's up. I don't have much to hide, even on here. But local people I actually encounter professionally? Fuck! What’s worse, I’ve always relied on the fact that my coworkers read my blog very rarely, and only when I forward them something. Kristin and Margot dove in, wildly reading all afternoon, occasionally aloud to one another.
“I didn’t realize how much you wrote about us, Bethy! Jesus H. Christ.”
I talk about the stupid blog all the time. They’ve seen me writing it. For crying out loud, I forward it to them with relative frequency. But NOW they’re interested. Suddenly, it’s the greatest thing Margot’s encountered. She’s planning my book tour.
I’m planning on making this much, much more anonymous…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't even drink beer!

A.P.S. said...

She does whan its free

Spots said...

Well, Kristin and I dropped off a six pack and a note to make up for the 3 beers we purloined. What more can I do? In an interesting twist, during this errand, we decided to have lunch outside at the Depot and who should roll by on his mountain bike, still wearing the very same outfit???
TROY!

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »