Wednesday, June 08, 2005

back that shit up...

There are very few things I am an expert at. But one of them is parallel parking. I require absolutely no help when parking and quite frankly, resent it. Trust me. I’m a better parker than you.
Which is why it is highly frustrating to me when I park in my neighborhood and dozens of elderly Mexican men emerge from their homes to somehow assist me in this simple act. Every single time I maneuver Rhonda the Honda into a parallel spot, I’ve got 3 or 4 guys who’ve taken this opportunity to remove themselves from their spot on the doorstep, put down their Coronas and with dramatic hand signals, attempt to guide me safely into this spot.
I might be a woman. I might wear skirts and hold purses and posses a uterus. But I don’t need the help of an entire Mariachi band to park my fucking car. I’ve got this one covered fellas…

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Silly girl. I've parked with you. That is one of your many, many talents. I will take this anonymous moment to say that I am simply wild about you, EAS.

laura said...

i'm really curious to know what this rhonda the honda looks like. is she is a little 2-door hatchback i am not so impressed. if she is a stick shift, i (like the westside connection) bow down.

Spots said...

While Rhonda is a 4 door sedan, I'm embarassed to tell you she's automatic.

t.p. said...

Automatic? Blush not, dear Beth. On the hills of The City it's the only way to go.

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. abe lurie moving company Fast reliable ultram online medication pharmacy Toyota 2.7l timing chain maintenance Shrug sweater or bolero sweaters formatting the hard drive with windows xp business card cases spyware Prudential real estate &gainesville fl Ionamin online pharmacy