Wednesday, May 04, 2005

i'm going to need you to go ahead and come in on saturday...

I have a rather unfortunate obsession with the band Nickelback. I can’t explain it. I know I’m famous for my notorious poor taste in music, but even I’ll admit this is bad.
Anytime a Nickelback song comes on the radio, I go nuts, belting like a rockstar. It’s embarrassing, but alas, I cannot stop myself.
“Someday”? That’s like, the greatest song ever. I’ve actually lost my voice singing that song.
As I’m forcing my office to listen to Nickelback, my boss comes over and asks me to work on Saturday. This Saturday? Are you kidding me? Way out in the middle of nowhere? What is this? Office Space? Forget it. All I do is spend nights and weekends whoring myself out for this place, and I finally have one Saturday free to party with my friends. This sucks. I quit. I’m done. I’m having the worst day ever, everyone is yelling at me, all of my projects are falling apart and you want me to work on Saturday. No fucking way.

“Well, you don’t have to go if you don’t want to, but I’d really like you to be there. I’ve got plans and they really want to interview staff.”
“Interview? They? What? Start over?”
“The TV crew. They want to interview the producer.”
That’s a horse of a different color. “I’d be delighted. What time should I be there?”

I’m sure there are Nickelback lyrics that are perfect for this glorious occasion…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

remember when you were into andrew w.k.? That was lame too.
weirdo.

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Free goth girl blowjob mpeg Pontiac steel