Sunday, May 01, 2005

i most certainly DO...

A year ago today, I was clad in green taffeta, holding hydrangeas and walking down an aisle making eyes at the hot guy in the 4th pew. Never having been a bridesmaid before, I was taking this very seriously. We’d had a bachelorette party in LA, fittings and dress drama, an early morning hair and make-up session that morning in a hotel room, fabulous photos taken, a limo to the chappel and cameras flashing in my face as I strutted through that church. But I didn’t really get the whole point until I watched my beautiful friend Katherine marry the love of her life.
The ceremony was stunning, but nothing compared to that reception. Held at the San Francisco Film Society, overlooking the bay and the bridge, we danced and ate and drank. I found that being the only single bridesmaid had immense and overwhelming benefits, of which I took great advantage. But that’s a story for another day.
As I danced the night away with my groomsman, Rodney, Katherine’s Texan Aunt Sandy pulled me aside.
“I can tell that you’re the troublemaker in the group. Well, you know what? I’m a troublemaker too.”
Fabulous.
I was responsible for the after party at the Cliff House and late in the evening, rallied the troops. I remember little else, save that I cornered Shawn in the bar and gave him a lecture on taking care of my best friend, began making inappropriate toasts with Shawn’s college cronies, and spilled red wine all over my beautiful dress, which somehow ended up in a crumpled ball on the floor. Uh…
Katherine and Shawn’s wedding rocked my world, and I hope it rocked theirs as well. When I spent my lunch period in 1994 sitting on a bench bitching about being sixteen with someone who somehow seemed to be the only person “getting me” those days, I had no idea I’d one day have the glorious honor of watching her walk off into the Sunset, happily, happily, happily ever after…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site...
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site film editing schools