Wednesday, May 11, 2005

booze and bluehairs...

Last night, the four Spotswoods dined at Jardinière to celebrate Alex’s birthday. They have a very extensive booze menu there, with all sorts of crazy tastings available. We decided that Alex, now 22, should have a gentleman’s knowledge of fine liquor and thus ordered him a flight of Armagnac. Armagnac is French brandy and we sampled 4 various ages and regions. I liked number 2 and number 4.
Alex could have sampled Tequila or Cognac, but dad thought Armagnac might be impressive if Alex ever found a way to bring it up on a date. We had a wonderful meal and a marvelous time, but apparently, a lot to drink. As we walked to the car, I watched my family argue over who was sober enough to drive home. Classy.

In other news, Margot is still very pregnant. And doing fine today. However, she is a tad hormonal. She has requested not to speak with the elderly today. We get a lot of calls from old folks, and they can be easily confused by such things as being put on hold, driving directions or anything involving computers. Margot is easily the most patient in the office and sadly, it now falls on me to speak with the geriatric contingent. Sometimes, I can be quite lovely to my elders. Mostly, they just annoy me. However, as Margot is carrying around the future of the world in her belly, I shall bear the burden of tolerating the near dead. It’s the least I can do for her…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » »