Tuesday, February 08, 2005

who died....

My father likes to collect locals whom he then hires for odd jobs, along the lines of the Elizabeth Smart family. As 916A needs a little work, dad informed me some guy from Mill Valley would be calling to arrange a time to do some odd jobs here. Fine with me.
This morning at 7:03am, my phone rings.
"Oh, hi there Beth. My name is Phil and your dad told me to call, but before I go any further, is it too early?"
"What time is it?" I grogilly answer, knowing full fucking well it's 7:03.
"I'll take that as a yes." he chirps. "What time should I call back?"
Dear God. I don't care. "How 'bout during, like, business hours?"
He agreed to call me at 8am. Who are these people? And of course, I am now wide awake, fuming from the idiot handyman who thinks 7:03 is a perfectly normal time to call a stranger.
Needless to say, Phil works from home, and thus I have his home number. I hope he's looking forward to a scheduling meeting at 2:03am, because that's when I'm up and ready to chat.
7:03am! I thought someone died...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw you in the paper! Congrats, Big Time Producer!!!

Anonymous said...

How come you didn't mention anything about Dick and the pledge drive? I mean he's famous for those. "And the yellow board is now closed! I can't believe no one bid on that trip to West Glacier Montana."

Spots said...

I don't know who the sad soul is who's watching my father beg for cash on Public Television. I find it difficult to watch, although I hear he was wearing his tux. Please just tell me he didn't have his hula lady bow tie and cumberbund on...

Anonymous said...

Everyone's seeing you in the newspaper.

She pulled it off, folks!