Thursday, February 03, 2005

soooooo predictable...

Today I worked in San Rafael attending an all day conference for non-profits who need to jazz up their promotional materials. I was seated in between a woman from a Rape Crisis center and some brain injury network lady, both of whom couldn’t find my company (a non-profit theater) less worthy. They were unable to stop themselves from rolling their eyes when I talked about cultivating theater-lovers and expanding our audience to young singles. Apparently, if you’re not counseling the sexually abused or heli-vaking helmet-less motor cycle riders somewhere, you’re just a dilettante.
I immediately befriended a woman who works with severely emotionally disturbed children. When I attempted to lighten the mood by loudly proclaiming, “Oh, I think I dated one of them!” not a soul cracked a smile. Tough crowd.
Needless to say, my one and only friend was the guy from the Gay Center. Charming and hilarious, he stood with me in the corner and made fun of people’s outfits. We named each other “The only other interesting person here” and are having lunch next week.

You don’t have to say it. I’m well aware.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »

Anonymous said...

What a great site Diamond diamond ring solitaire trillion Insurance life policy senior wo ist ein lasik zentrum in meiner nahe construction accounting software Mortgage loan in maryland Ambien tripp Silver 2005 dodge magnum hemi srt 8