Tuesday, January 18, 2005

the wonderful world of gays...

Have you had the Sofia Mini yet? Then you really can't be that fabulous.
Francis Ford Coppola, my favorite vintner/film icon, has released a new champagne, called Sofia. Named aptly for his daughter, it's sold in a tiny pink soda can (think Red Bull)and comes with a tiny pink straw.
Joe and I met up for drinks the other night at Cama, the bed bar, where, thank god, they serve Sofia Minis. Needless to say, thanks to Sofia, Joe ended up strewn across the beds of Cama, talking to some 21 year old opera student named, what else, Matt, and sucking on that pink straw like nobody's business.
Throw in a shot of Fernet, and it's the gayest drink ever.
Upgrade!

Sometimes, being best friends with Andy is like hanging out with a Mid-Western Grandpa who worked in a feed store. I stopped over at Andy's today after work, and he's bitching on and on about how cold he is. As he gets in the car, coming over to dinner at 916A, he glances over his shoulder and says, "I've been eyeing a new heater at Wallgreens."
"You've been EYEING a new heater? At Wallgreens?"
I can see him stopping in Wallgreens every day, staring longingly at some cheap ass $40 ghetto heater up on a shelf in the aisle no one goes in. Each day, he debates the purchase, wondering if he really is THAT cold. And still, still he hasn't brought himself to go through with it.
Good Lord...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

andy and the heater is the most interesting thing on this bog so far....tell me more! No, really....

Spots said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

First of all, what's a "bog"?
Second of all, I'm addicted to this Bog.
Third, Spots obviously writes for her friends. If you're not one, read a bog for friendless people.

Spots said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Do you think it's Giuliana!
-Joe

Itty said...

Oddly enough, I too have been contemplating the purchase of an electric heater at Walgreen's. For two reasons I have not gone through with the actual act of purchasing one: 1. My parents in an effort to take care of their baby girl continually promise to buy me one. My mother even went as far to offer to give me the electric heater that she still has from WHEN I WAS A BABY! Let me tell you, I have absolutely no interest in an appliance that creates warmth that is pushing 25 years old. This from a woman who worries that my house will burn down at any given moment or that it will be broken into by cat burglars. 2. I feel like summer is right around the corner and by the time that I buy one I will be packing my beach bag. I will then kick myself for actually buying a heater while laying on Baker Beach topless.

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with Walgreens, or staring longingly, for that matter, Andy. But better yet, try Longs. It was Beth's Grandpa Pete's all time favorite store. No place, absolutely no other place gave him the pleasure of a Saturday perusing Longs, and this was as true when he was 90 rolling down the isle in his wheelchair as when he was a younger man taking his kids to load the '55 Ford station wagon with a dozen sacks of manure and assorted goods for the kitchen. Besides the untapped potential for a new heater, most Longs have absolutely killer wine selections.

t.p.