Thursday, December 23, 2004

i'm going to party like it's 2005...

Turns out, the blog is becoming Spots' international travel journal. This New Year's you can look forward to 2 weeks of Italian mayhem, as Kate's family and my family will be ringing in 2005 in Florence, Italy. This is especially fabulous as Kate's sister, Jen, has been studying there for months, and she's going to take us to all kinds of marvelous places.
Last night, during our annual dinner at The Big Four, I announced to my travel companions that Kate and I would be having Italian flings. No one really seemed to care or mind, as my father was busy convincing everyone that Economy Plus was somehow better than coach. Once again, I'll be crossing an ocean in steerage, although this time, the folks must slum it with us.
I'm a little worried about my blog updates, as we aren't staying in some swanky hotel with a fancy business center. Because there are so many of us (10), we'll be staying in a couple of big apartments in the middle of Florence. This means I'll be writing my tales of lost luggage and lusty lovers from some Euro Internet Cafe, which strikes me as less than reliable.
Regardless, I guarantee hilarious adventures and huge fights, this time with an additional and bizarre cast of characters. Maybe, just maybe, I'll discover some real hospitaliano...named Marcello.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You lucky bitch. Take me with you. You'd better write from there. Your China tales were hilarity.
Who's going???

Oh, to live the life of EAS...

Spots said...

Dick, Joanne, Beth, Alex, Dori, Greg, Kate, Matt, and Jen, with visits from Corliss and Diane.
-EAS

Anonymous said...

I fucking love you, spotswood. you amaze me.

Jay said...

Ooooh this is going to be so exciting; is it okay if I live vicariously through you for a little while?